Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Wouldn't you Know it?

I'm telling you- if I didn't know I was in a war, this would wake me up! Here's my discovery for the week- everytime I talk to someone about fighting off sickness, The Enemy attacks! Just so you know where I'm coming from, After my blog 8 days ago, I started a full out battle with sickness! Just like the last time I spoke with someone about fighting off sickness (and the time before that). Hmmm.

Sounds like my beliefs get a little too close to home, so Satan comes at me with a huge one. I fought valiently (I thought). I kept it at bay for days. Then almost immediately after I finished my sermon Last Sunday, it hit me like a ton of bricks! My voice is a wreck. I ache all over. My throat hurts and my head feels bigger than some people think it is! Wouldn't you know it?

I went to the doctor yesterday for some medicine, then spent the better part of the day in bed; probably will today as well. And I started to wonder if I should ever talk about fighting off sickeness again! "Maybe if I keep quiet," I thought, "I'll stay healthy like I have for the last few years." I mean, this is two illnesses in as many months. BUT! Don't worry- I know better! If The Enemy has to come at me this hard after I talk about fighting off sickness, then he is just helping me prove my point and I'm tenacious enough to stand my ground. I love it when I can turn the tables on him!

I'm not shut up that easily (as many people can attest)! I still believe Jesus' blood paid the price for my total salvation and I'm putting all my eggs in that basket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOUG, A PRAY IN THE NAME OF JESUS THAT THE DEMON OF SICKNESS BE RELEASED FROM YOU AND THAT IT WILL BE REPLACE WITH WELLNESS AND JOY OF YET ANOTHER VICTORY AGAINST SATAN. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEELING I WOULD LOVE TO LAY HAND ON YOU BUT I AM AT WORK. SO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS AS JESUS TO HEAL YOU AND HE WILL IF IT IS HIS WILL AND I BELEIVE IT IS PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS HEALING POWERS. THIS SHOULD BE A REAL GOOD SERMON ON THE HEALING POWER OF THE LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS. DAN

Rebekah Dooley said...

jesus i pray for doug right now that pour down your favour on him, grant him favor wherever he go and health favor. in jesus name i pray, amem