Friday, February 11, 2005

to Grump or not to Grump

No one likes a grumpy person. Oh, we kid around about grumps, but the bottom line is we'd rather not hang around them. Why? Because it's contageous. Before you even know it, you're feeling grumpy too. Then nothing seems to go right.

I recently heard a story about a man in Africa who got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. He had no spare, so he took the tire off and walked miles to the nearest town, singing as he went. He didn't even have any money to get the tire fixed! But he did get it fixed (God provided and he knew he would). Then he walked back to his car singing all the way. Now that's a witness for what Christ can do in your life! I remember the last time I got a flat tire- I was none too happy about it for a long time- and I had a spare that was easily changed.

I love to be around people who really trust God. Not the kind who say they do, but the kind who really do. You can tell, because they don't get riled up about anything. They trust God to be in any situation and provide a way out of it- or at least through it. I'd like to be like that. It's probably going to take some practice.

Now let's start practicing . . . as I'm shoveling almost 20" of snow- and it's still snowing! Grumble, grumb . . . oops- Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats awesome i defintly wannu work hard tot he max at trusting God!!
-Alberta