Tuesday, February 01, 2005

2 + 1 = 3!

I almost hesitate to mention this (you know in baseball, you don't mention a "no hitter!"), but I'm so excited, I'll just have to build a bridge and get over it! I just prayed with Mary to get saved! Here's the color commentary:

This morning, I was sitting at my desk, getting "stuff" done (it's necessary, but God help me- sigh). At 11:30 I had a meeting with Nicole (our Youth and Worship Pastor) about our need to expand our cell ministry, community, etc. While we were talking, I realized our Soup Kitchen had already started. Now earlier, I had agreed with God to eat lunch there today so I could talk with the people and witness, so I was a bit bummed when our meeting went longer than I had expected (however, let it be known that I always enjoy my meetings with Nicole! She's so awesome- I just love that girl!). Still trying to be odedient, I went to the Soup Kitchen late after we finished.

Today our Ladies League had prepared the meal, so I chatted for a moment with them as I got a plate together and headed into the dining room (Mmm! Ribs from Smokey Bones restaurant!). Oh no! There was hardly anyone there! Rats! So I sat with Mary, one of our long time corps attenders and member of the Ladies League. As we chatted about a variety of things, she said to me "you know, some day I want to get saved."

"Some day," I said? Why not today? How about right after we finish our meal? "Okay!" she replied! As time passed, the excitement was building in both of us while we talked about why she had never accepted Jesus into her life, when she had attended our corps for at least a couple of years. But when we were finished, we headed up to the chapel (we coulda done it right there, but it was quieter). There, Mary prayed after me and she became a saint! I then told her about the huge party God was throwing in heaven because she entered The Kingdom! Hooray!

This is getting really cool! 2 + 1 = 3 so far. I can deal with this evangelism stuff very nicely, thank-you very much! Go God!

Hey Rob, do you still feel silly about laying hands on me and imparting your gift of evangelism? Hmm? I'm thinking it worked!

No comments: