Monday, January 31, 2005

Dan's Dream

Dan, an intercessor at our corps, had a dream the other day. He was gracious enough to share it with me, so I'm going to share it with you, because it was so awesome!

I dreamed we were in our corps chapel at the beginning of a time of prayer. I could hear "People Need the Lord" playing over the sound system. I was just about to pray when all of a sudden, there was silence (except the music in the background). Then people started to line the altar. These were people I did not know or recognize. They were praying to receive the Lord into their lives.

As you can imagine, I'm having a field day with this one- especially after my prayers for the gift of intercession and my concern over the lost! Bring it, Lord Jesus!

Here's my brief unpacking of this Word for us:
1) we- this is a promise for our whole corps.
2) I could hear- the message of Outreach is going to be heard.
3) all of a sudden- God's going to startle us with this wave of salvation.
4) silence- nothing gets your attention like silence.
5) line the altar- there will be many saved.
6) people I did not know- these are going to be new to our corps family.

I'm going to do everything I can to bring this prophecy into fulfillment. Pray for us to be able to handle all these people and get them assimilated into God's family. Looks like yesterday was just the beginning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog through another I was reading. This message struck me and I thank you for sharing it. I have been having one of those times when I feel frustrated by the obstacles that get in the way of bringing people into God's Kingdom. A reminder to me that God's Holy Spirit can work in many ways and we need to remain focused and faithful.

God bless

Glenda