Monday, January 24, 2005

A Mixed Blessing

My final day in Vancouver was a mixed blessing. Of course God continued to use me and the team he gathered around me for prayer ministry. I started early in the AM and went straight through until late evening watching God minister healing and freedom to his people- all quite literally! It was awesome, as always, because our great God is awesome!

Then I finished the day receiving a special blessing as Heather gave me the full massage treatment. She's a registered professional and I wish I could have stayed awake to enjoy it even more! But I feel wonderful, so I know she let God bless me through her. I slept especially well last night!

I'm looking forward to getting back home again, though. It's always good to come back home with renewed excitement for ministry! The ministry in Vancouver is exciting and powerful. God is doing a wonderful work there through his chosen people- including the students. They are growing and The Kingdom is growing. Praise God for this breath of fresh Holy Spirit blowing through the world. May it touch more lives daily as God multiplies those who receive His Gospel message of great joy and peace.

The mixed part is that I'm wishing I could have stayed. Maybe not permanently, but a least 2-3 months longer! O well, I'm coming back again for Booth-Tucker Institute (BTI) in July, where I will get to be a student. Why not plan on joining me? (details on ArmyBarmy.com)

1 comment:

Soulpadre said...

Doug, you are a mighty warrior that God uses as a matter of His course, for His pleasure. You are His greatest joy! The Father rejoices and jumps for joy over you!

I understand the feeling of the mixed blessing, but know this: The Martyrs got a big blessing through God in you!

love ya!