Saturday, January 15, 2005

Intimacy Conference

I've not had much time on the computer these last few days, because we head out to the conference early in the morning, then get back very late each night. We've been going to a conference on intimacy called "The Secret place," hosted by Todd Bentley. I've never been to one of his conferences, nor heard him in person, so I was looking forward to this one. However, I must say, the best part of this confrerence, is getting to listen to Heidi Baker. Actually, you don't listen to Heidi Baker, you experience her.

WOW! I'll say it again- WOW! I'll even say it backwards- WOW! She is incredible! I knew we were in for a treat when they introduced her after the praise and worship, but they had to practically drag her out from the floor between the seats. Worship of her Jesus had reduced her to (what we at the conference came to experience as) an octopus on crack! She was so under the power of the Holy Spirit, she couldn't stand up- she preached mostly from the floor. But there was no question, this was God at work, because immediately, you could sense the presence of God in the place. Her words were powerful and full of prophetic conviction. This was true each time she spoke. This is truly a woman sold out to God and under his full control. I would encourage you to follow and support her world-changing ministry (www.irismin.com).

Graham Cook also spoke some good words for us. However, I was distracted by his sometimes harsh condemnations of various kinds of people. For instance: in so many words, he told us that those who "have" to use the title apostle are not really apostles. What's up with that? It's supposed to be a secret? Then he later asked who in the room was an intercessor (to speak to them about something). So if you have the gift of intercessor, you can call yourself such, but the gift of apostle, you cannot? Sorry, it was hard enough for God to convince me that I was an apostle and that I should tell people such (if on the subject). I'm not going to be bullied by someone who obviously has an issue with apostles (ah- want me to tell you what I really think? heh, heh).

Anyway, I believe I've actually gotten all the new War College student names down! Woo hoo! Of course, there's still a bit of a pause for some of them as my mind works through whatever it is that's helped me remember. Now last names and where they're from- that's probably not going to happen. I'm looking forward to next week's teaching and ministry times.

Oh, almost forgot- we cast a small demon out last night. Looks like there'll be more of that ahead. Praise the Lord!

No comments: