Saturday, January 29, 2005

It's Gonna be Different

Last night our cell group got back together after a way too long hiatus. Oh yeah, the Christmas season was in full swing, I was away for a few weeks- you know- as lame excuses for not getting together as we can think of. [sigh]

Anyway, our new plan is to start going through Peter Wagner's book on Spiritual Gifts, but last night, we decided to watch a DVD of Heidi Baker's presentation at the recent conference I went to. Good stuff! Very challenging- especially since she manifests (big time) all through her preach. That kind of stuff is offensive to many who have not experienced it in the past- or, as she puts it in that very talk- it's offensive to we Westerner's who have huge control issues! And I sensed a lot of offense in the room as we watched last night. [double sigh]

So at the end of the video, I asked a couple of questions, but since I felt that spirit of offense heavily in the room, I actually allowed it to intimidate me and we closed off our time abruptly. We didn't even pray together! Hindsight is 20-20, so as I look back on my failure, I don't feel so good about it. Rats!

Why do we let The Enemy intimidate us? Why don't we just push those feelings down hard and trounce him soundly? He's got nothing over us we don't allow him to have and I'm tired of allowing him to take control!

Jesus forgive me for giving way to The Enemy in whatever form he presents himself. Teach me to better discern his activity and then defeat his attempts to undermine your mission in me.

Next week, it's gonna be different.

1 comment:

Tara Ayer said...

Don't you think it's funny that this defeat comes after a blog about the moving of Holy Spirit. Don't forget your own words. The Spirit is moving over your cellmates, even if you can't see it and even if the enemy is throwing up a smokescreen of offense to blind you to it. satan's kingdom is one where bullying and intimidation are all too common and we (I) far too often cave in the face of it.

The LORD would say this to you Doug, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today." (Ex 14:13) and again, "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you (2 Chron 20:17) and finally, "They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm (Psalm 20:8)

Keep standing firm my friend!