Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Safe and Sound

I've finally arrived safely in Vancouver! Not that I was ever "unsafe," it just took me almost a day longer to get here . . . I was bumped (at my request). I ended up with a $300 flight voucher, a night in the Boston Airport Hilton with lunch, dinner and breakfast vouchers. Not bad- and they got me to Vancouver by 12:30 PM today. Although, I must complain, that they damaged both my bags. Ugh! Not again!

On my first flight yesterday, God showed me one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. While just clearing the cloud cover (it was dark and a bit dreary below), I witnessed the Grand Canyon of clouds! It was so beautiful! The sun was brightly shinning on them and I could see huge canyons of light and dark everywhere. It was a spiritual experience and God spoke to me about his magesty throughout it all. We truly serve an amazing God!

Later, in prayer, God showed me some growth at our corps that I hadn't seen before. It was encouraging to say the least!

Elaine and Hannah picked me up at the airport and we had good in-depth conversation all the way in. I especially loved the look I got when I told Hannah, Jenn was my little girl!

While leaving the customs section, someone said to me: "have a wonderful time!" But I immediately thought- no, not wonderful, I want God to make me very uncomfotable while I'm here. Uncomfortable with my own life-style compared to those of the people in Downtown Eastside Vancouver. And later, in Bangor. Convict me Lord!

1 comment:

Soulpadre said...

Bring it on! You're God's man for the hour, and He has a fiery word through you to bring! Bring it! Bring it!!