Thursday, January 13, 2005

First Full Day

One of my goals these next 2 weeks is to learn all I can about small groups and discipleship. So I plan to attend a few cell groups and chat with people about their discipling routines. Last night I hung out with the leaders cell group. Because there are a variey of schedules going on here at a time, the size of the group grew as the evening progressed. Other than the fact that we went around the group asking for a personal spiritual report since the last meeting, the group functioned much as my small group at home. The personal report was a good step toward accountability, which I should be thinking more about.

Other than that, the day was fairly uneventful. I walked around the East side, picked up some apples and some M&Ms (Don't tell Deb about the M&Ms!). After Warrior Academy, Jenn came by, then Josh. We headed out for Starbucks and I got a pepermint hot chocolate (their drinks are always bitter, but no Dunkin Donuts anywhere in sight). Then I went to the harborlight for dinner with Josh Ivany. We had some good conversation and an interesting beef stew. I'm not used to eating so early (4 PM) for dinner. I hope to get to hang out with more students soon and get to know this session.

Today, we head out to the conference with Tod Bentley. I am so looking forward to it!

No comments: