Saturday, January 22, 2005

That Loud Clattering Sound

This week I have been teaching War College students, but God is still in the process of teaching me. I get fired up in the middle of good discussion, so I've had lots of opportunity to burn- and the flames are still licking at my spirit! I already told you about one major epiphany, so here's another: God has refined my "techniques" of deliverance ministry. I've been mentored by some of the best, but after years of working back and forth between the two techniques I've learned from them, I can now say I have my own style. Might I say (with humility) that it's so much easier now! I don't even break a sweat, because the "pray-ee" now does most of the "work!"

In as short a nutshell as I can get, it goes like this:

I used to cast out demons only through direct confrontation and speaking right to them- "get out!" I learned that from my first mentor and it works. Then I added an inner healing style of ministry where we would allow the Holy Spirit to guide the prayee to a memory and find Jesus in that place. He would invariably heal that memory and change their perception of that event. In the process, any demon associated with the memory would be gone at the end. But I often found finding that memory wasn't always easy and took some time.

Then I read brad Jersak's book "Can You Hear me?" (again, referrenced in the sidebar- if you haven't bought it yet, what are you waiting for?!?) and I started leading people through listening prayer with Jesus. This week I discovered that in listening prayer, Jesus can deal with demons. And at the end, they're just as "gone" as they were in direct confrontation or inner healing! Talk about revelation!

So that's the style God led me to use most of this week. Sure there are times when other methods are more appropriate- like when a demon chooses to manifest in a person: confront the demon directly and get it over with. Demons are not worth wasting your time with! Get in, clean house, get out and watch the result of the healing! Lives are seriously changed!

But the best part, is that this method is easily transferrable! On the last day of class, I "taught" the students how to do it! I can hardly wait to hear of their results as Jesus empowers their prayers for others. True, not all are gifted in deliverance ministry. But, as I taught these students, we all still have a Christian role to cast out demons.

Can you hear that loud clattering sound? Demons are quaking at the sound of Martyr's foot steps! What are you guys waiting for? (Martyr's is this year's TWC session name).

1 comment:

Soulpadre said...

Doug,

I was just blessed with some great time with Bob Jones tonight, and I'm still digesting all the good food he gave, that God gave him. I hope to share with you soon. I am sure that the week with the War College was awesome, and "next level!"

Shundai!!