Sunday, January 16, 2005

A Link in a Long Chain

I landed my first shift in the 614 War Room today and I was excited as I headed over to room 504 at The Empress Hotel. Shifts are 3 hours long and they have been going 24/7 for almost a year. Awesome! I believe they started shortly after my last visit last February.

The room is painted a deep royal purple with gold accents on the trim. It's beautiful. The room is furnished with a single carpet, a desk, 3 different types of chairs, a CD player (with plenty of CDs), a huge world map on the wall and assorted pictures and scripture verses posted throughout the room on the walls. There are many candles, a plant, a guitar and incense, if wanted. Lots of books and Bible versions adorn the desk. There are prayer request books, plenty of paper and the schedule of time slots- completely filled in for 3 weeks.

When alone, the first thing that hit me was the heritage of prayer that has already been built up. It was incredible! I sat there in awed silence as it hit me how I was becomming a single link in a long chain of prayer that was filling the Bowls of Heaven. God's Spirit was heavily present in the middle of this grungy welfare hotel. I sat in silence while listening to Lindell Cooley (my new favorite worship leader, click the CD link on the side of this page)- transfixed in God's loving embrace. He is so awesome and majestic!

Before I knew it, time was up. But I wasn't very well done yet. I need some more cooking. Lord, raise the temperature and put me back in for a lot longer.

1 comment:

Tara Ayer said...

614, TWC, Vancouver...heck, the world is blessed by your sowing brother! How cool is it that prayers offered in a dingy hotel room can shift the heavens. I see a small cloud, the size of a man's fist. Do you see it? Check again, I'm sure I see it!