Wednesday, January 19, 2005

My Head Exploded!

Yesterday, someone asked me if I was "wasted" yet. I've been very busy teaching and in prayer ministry, but I'm just warming up! I can't be tired yet, I've still got 5 days left! PTL!

In yesterday's class we covered some of my favorite material from my notes- Demonology and Our Authority. My favorite, because I'm gifted (spiritually) in the area and I just love to see the little light bulbs go off over student heads when we talk about things the church has been woefully ignorant of for years and years. I mean, when was the last time you heard a sermon about demons or how we can deal with them in our lives (or rather out of our lives)?

Anyway, we were discussing Lucifer's fall and his abdication of his heavenly position as the head worshipping angel (the one who covered Gods throne) and a student asked (thanks Nicole!) in effect: "So if Lucifer left the worship position empty, does that mean it falls to us to fill that spot and worship God?" Right about then my head exploded. Well, not really, but you get my drift! Think about that for awhile! I know, a lot of this is speculation (or what I choose to call factulation, because there is some foundation of fact all this), but it is awesome to think about anyway!

So if Lucifer was the head worshipper (kinda teaching and guiding the other angels in worship), he was probably assigned to teach humankind how to worship too. Then he falls from his high position and God fills the vacancy with humankind. Yeowch! Now I can see why our worship of God makes Satan so angry! And why he causes so many kinds of divisions and distractions around worship. He knows the power of it all and wants it all for himself. But I bet he just can't stand having people accomplish what he failed so miserably at!

And think about what our worship means to God and the heavenlies. If we don't do it, who will? I know there are other angelic beings continually worshipping God, but you can follow my lead, right? Our worship of God is seriously important in his grand scheme of things!

Now put that under your belt and get out there and worship! Our God is so worth it and we've got so much more of it to do!

2 comments:

eLjay the bLuejay said...

This idea amazes me. Even though I was in the class when this epiphany came into being... it still amazes me! The War College Martyrs would like to thank you for your insights. We are blessed to have you here with us.

Rebekah Dooley said...

i also would like to say how it was a blessing that you came here to teach us and i did learn a lot. thanks you for blessing us. may god give the double portion of blessing to you and your family.