Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Listen to me!

Come here and listen to me! I'll pour out the spirit of wisdom upon you and make you wise. I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered.
- Proverbs 1:23-25 (NLT)

Jesus so wants us to receive his wisdom! He calls out to us often, but how often do we really listen? Are we so caught up in our own little world that we have no attention to pay the one who deserves all our attention?

How intentional are you about spending time with God and really listening to him? I hope you don't just read the verse at the top of your daily devotional and figure that's what God gets today- "after all, I have things to do."

Today, I started (rather re-started) my early morning face-time with God. I've been "catching as catch can" lately and it just wasn't enough to satisfy me . . . or God. So I finally screwed up my resolve, set my alarm to 6:00 AM (yawn) and shut the door to my study.

I'm listening, Lord. What do you have to say to me today? Got any good advise?



No comments: