Sunday, January 30, 2005

God Answers Prayer!

You know how I've been talking about Outreach lately? I don't remember if I've blogged about asking for the gift of evangelism, but just so we're all on the same page . . . The lost have been weighing heavily on my heart and I asked God to do just that- give me the gift of evangelism.

Now that you're up to speed, I led two new people to the Lord this morning! YEAH! It's been so long, I'd almost forgotten what it feels like. Let me tell you, it feels GOOD! Here's the inside scoop:

I was getting everything ready for the morning service like I usually do. God reminded me that I had talked with him about hanging out in our Soup Kitchen on Sunday mornings so I could chat with people about him. I was a bit nervous, but I was commited to doing it. When I was almost finished with the preparation details, Clarise, one of our prospective Soldiers, came to me and asked if I could pray with a couple from the Soup Kitchen. Clarise is always talking with people about Jesus (I just love that about her)! Naturally, I said yes, and the rest is history! God sure does answer prayer!

God and the angels in heaven are still partying over Chris and Theresa Peal- our newest brother and sister in The Kingdom! Pray for them- they've got lots of "stuff" to yet deal with and we want to be able to walk through it with them. God keep us faithful!

Sometime in the middle of the whole process, I thought: "Isn't that interesting? I asked to be able to lead people to Jesus and I didn't even have to go to them- God brought them right to me! In the very chapel I am so used to praying in on Sunday!" Talk about honoring my Sunday AM commitment.

1 comment:

Rebekah Dooley said...

hey doug

hallejuah about the two people that come to christ through you. Praise the lord :D

may god grant the prophetic picture of your corps

blessing to you