Monday, February 14, 2005

So Who is Travis Roberts?


(One of our two War College Interns this year (May - July)

Name: Travis Roberts

Age: 20

Home: St. Augustine, Florida

TSA Background: My parents are Corps Officers and I have been affiliated with TSA my entire life. I am my home corps band. I play my cornet every almost every Sunday because no one wants to learn to play piano and there is no guitar music for the songs in our song book. I am the YPSM (though I don't do a whole lot with that title) in St. Augustine and I assist with the Corps Cadet lessons. I have worked with TSA's Camp Keystone for the past three summers as a counselor and am now attending The War College (just in case anyone forgot).


Favorite Food: Cheese, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Lasagna.

Favorite Color: Green.

Favorite Band/Song: The O.C. Supertones.

Favorite Movie: Ghost Busters ("Back off, man! I'm a scientist...").

Favorite Quote: It's always good to soar with the eagles but a weasle will never get caught in the engine of an airplane.

Instrument: Cornet, Guitar (I know six chords and just recently learned how to play Earth Angel).

Brief testimony/thot: Who has a brief testimony? I can try. I was always a good kid my whole life. I figured I had to be, because my parents were officers. Then my first year at Music Conservatory, on the last day the DYS spoke on being lukewarm. I had never heard that before. I felt God saying to me "Yeah, you need to get real with me." I said "Okay, sounds good!" He's been trying to take total control of my life ever since and I have only recently let him (mostly). The years following, I continued being a good kid. Until I went to the Arkansas Oklahoma division. I met guys there who were seriously on fire for Christ: I decided I wanted what they had. I got the joy of the Lord and it's been with me ever since. I grew so much spiritually those years, but I still see myself as a child in Christ. I've recently realized I should just stop making plans for my life and let Christ do it. My plans usually don't line up with his. So now I'm just waiting and listening for the next phase of my life.

A word about coming to Bangor: I'm pysched!

No comments: