Sunday, February 06, 2005

Resistance is Futile

Here we go again! This morning I was privileged to lead another 2 back into The Kingdom! This is awesome!

I was a bit late getting to the Soup Kitchen this morning (Satan loves to throw little things my way that need correcting before the Service), so I was bummed to find only a few people still eating- and they were involved in a big conversation I didn't feel right interjecting myself into. But after everything was cleaned up, two other guys came in (even later than me!). While eating, one of them asked me if we had a service (get that- he asked me if we had a service!). Talk about jumping right in with both feet! Patrick eventually came to the adult Bible class and then the meeting.

After the message, we were listening to God speak to us with some soft music playing in the background. I went to Patrick, who seemed to be under conviction. 'Nuff said! While I was praying with him, one of our kids was also under conviction by the Holy Spirit. I motioned for Dan to pray with him and I joined them when Patrick was settled. Now Charlie is back in the fold. Both are coming to our SuperBowl party tonight!

I was then about to offer to bring Patrick home with us for lunch, but I sensed God wanted Dan to hook up with him. So I asked if Dan could take him to lunch. As they drove off in Dan's car, I felt "something good is going to come of their new connection in Christ."

I am super excited about our 5 new family members in Christ! However, I would ask for your prayer support in discovering a way we can not only get people saved, but disciple them as well. We need ways to connect and assimilate.

How's this for a new theme for our corps: Resistance is Futile- we're praying for you!

1 comment:

Christin ><> said...

PRAISE GOD!!!! [especially about charlie!!! I remember that he is pretty good friends with a few kids from waterville, if it's the same charlie i'm thinking of]

And that's a great theme for your corps!