Monday, February 06, 2006

Prophetic Acts & Wrap up

Thursday (26th) saw my last day of classes, which means Friday I had prayer sessions all day. This proved a nice way to finish out my stay, since I was feeling quite tired at the end of Thursday! My last few sessions were nice and quiet, ranging from Jonathan Evans practically doing his own session(!) to some fun ones with galleon ships, a hike through the woods to stomping on a little demon running around the floor of the room- not in reality, but as a prophetic act.

Prophetic acts are important.

A prophetic act is doing something in the physical world that represents something in the spiritual realm. An particular example of this is found in 2 Kings 13, where Elisha tells king Jehoash to shoot an arrow out the window then strike the ground with other arrows. Jehoash apparently thinks this is silly, so he half-heartedly strikes the ground 3 times. But Elisha gets angry at him and tells him his victory will not be complete because of his unwillingness to believe and perform this prophetic act with relish.

A modern day example would include our writing warfare scriptures on tent stakes and driving them into the ground in the corners of the property of our Family Store here in Bangor. We used a special mallet with scripture written on it and prayed at each stop singing praises to God. Shortly after that event, we began to turn a profit at our store for the first time in over 5 years! Since then we have become almost wildly successful at raising funding for our local ministry.

A coincidence? You can believe than if you wish. I choose to believe we did what God asked us to do. We acted out a prophecy and God showed us a physical answer to a physical deed, because it all represented a spiritual truth we were standing on- we broke old curses against us and spoke out loud that we were going to be victorious.

Very early Saturday, I headed to the airport with Darren and Jonathan. My 2006 trip to The War College in Vancouver was finished. But not my association with many of these fine students and staff. I trust they will keep in touch and we will have continued contact over the years. I would really like that! The proof is in the contact I have maintained with many of previous years' students.

God bless these faithful students! God bless The War College! God bless The Salvation Army!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

wow. . . am I ever glad that my friend Denise (War College) let me know about your blog! That mallet and spike story is powerful!! Yes, God bless those students at the War College and God bless the Salvation Army! God bless this blog and its writer!