Sunday, February 05, 2006

Who Fears Fear?

Tuesday and Wednesday (January 24 and 25) held 3 more great class sessions and 9 more excellent personal prayer sessions. Oh yes, I did eat and sleep somewhere inbetween these things!

On Tuesday, I discovered another student gifted to help in deliverance, so on Wednesday, when they were taking the role of pray-er (a support for the person being prayer for) and one session went a little over time, I felt led to leave them to finish the spiritual "cleanup" and head on to the next person- Rebekah Barnum (from last year's Martyrs session). I learned last year that Rebekah is very good at listening prayer, but I must admit, I was surprised to see her session finish in 20 minutes! The shortest session I have ever led- a record time! Basically, she went in, found Jesus, heard what he had to say to her, took it in, and finished up playing with Jesus in a pond. She was blessed, I was blessed and we were done. As simple as that. Wow! You go, girl!

During these days, I also hit my most dramatic deliverance session. Basically, fear had caused enough problems in someone's life, so we kicked him out. But he didn't go without a real physical fight! It was a bit rough, but we knew our authority, so Fear had to go. No question about it. I won't mention any names here, but some of us noticed the mottling on this person's face the next couple of days as they recovered from this bout! My understanding from their testimony is that this person is experiencing a very changed life without fear.

I know exactly what they are going through, because Fear was the first demon kicked out of me, many years ago in my first ever experience in deliverance ministry. It was awesome and I thank God for the freedom I now experience in this area of my life.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

wow. . amazing things happening!