Sunday, February 12, 2006

Who is Joel Boyd?


Full Name: Joel David Boyd

Age: 20

Home: I was born in Southern California, but I call Seattle home.

TSA Background: I was born into Pasadena Tabernacle, my parents went into training when I was about six, they were appointed to two Corps in California, then we moved to Seattle. My parents stepped out of officership due my mother's health problems. We moved back down to southern California where we attended Tustin Ranch. Then I moved back to Seattle. From there I went to the War College.

I've worked at Camp Arnold, The Salvation Army in the western part of the Northwest division, for seven years. I've helped lead Adventure Corps and I also lead an after school program in Seattle. I'm also a bandsman and songster at Seattle Temple.

Favorite Food: I like steak!


Favorite Color: uhh... Green


Favorite Band/Group/Song: I don't know what my favorite band is, although I recently got this CD of this Hasidic Jew who does Raggae and it's pretty awesome. My favorite song is.... ummm... I don't know the name of it.... but I think it's track four on The Art of Breaking (Thousand Foot Krutch)


Favorite Movie:


Favorite Quote:


Any Instrument?: Trombone (ed: I KNEW there was a reason I like this guy!)


BRIEF testimony/thot: I said the sinner's prayer at 6, got saved at 13 by William Booth, decided to let God use me to save the world at 18. Next is entire sanctification!


A thot about coming to Bangor: I look forward to seeing what God is doing/wants me to do in Bangor! See you soon!

3 comments:

kathryn said...

This will be a good summer for you, Joel, as I'm sure this year has been equally so; for your own spiritual development and for the good of all those you've come in contact with.

BrownEyedGirl said...

Joel, If you worked at Camp Arnold all those years then you woul know my Uncle Bob. Bob and Marie Kittle.
I pray God will cause you to grow in knowledge and depth of insight so that you may be used to bring Glory to Him and expand His kingdom! What a great oppurtunity!
Blessings.

Anonymous said...

joel boyd is so cool. He even knocked me out one day when we were playing with lightsabers. By the way his favorite movie is Jimmy the Brown Snake and the Red Dragon