Friday, February 24, 2006

Some Good Blogging Advise

I got some GREAT blogging advise as a comment to one of my blogs. Since some might not dig down into those comments, I would like to bring them out into the open here.

Thanx, Evangeline, for your wisdom. I know I will be thinking about this list when I blog and comment!
Evangeline said... I have discovered that I must:

- Stop and read my posts, and consider whether they're ambiguously worded. Sometimes I know exactly what I mean, but that's no guarantee that another person will.

- Learn humility.

- Consider that I might have misunderstood another person's post (see first point), due to misreading, ambiguous wording, preconceptions, etc... and if I might have, ask them before I blast them.

- Learn more humility (really doesn't come easily to me).

- Show love when responding to people, whether they have disagreed, attacked, or offended. Sometimes that means shutting up and never saying another darn thing on the topic.

- Rely on God's opinion of me, not other people's... so that negative comments don't rip my self-esteem to shreds.

- Humbly (there's that humility thing again! argh!) consider others' criticisms of me... just in case they've actually got a point, and I need to apologize. Or maybe just grow spiritually in that area.

- Apologize for wrongs I've done, even if they were unintentional, even if someone else started it, even if I was 'in the right', even if someone else hurt me more. I still need to apologize for my part. This might take the form of apologizing for continuing an argument when I should have realized that someone was upset and needing comfort, not logic.
- - -
PS: If I might add another item to the list:

- Learn humility (again)! ;)

3 comments:

Naomi said...

LOL

(had to laugh at the extra 'humility' :-) )

I'm glad you found the comment useful. Sometimes this whole blogging/commenting/community thing starts feeling rather self-indulgent (oooh, lemme see if I can get my ego stroked)... so it's good to know I'm coming out with something useful occasionally!

Oh, I have another one for you - pray before pressing Send or Publish or whatever. Sooooo many emails, posts etc have fallen by the wayside when I've done that.

PS. 'Wisdom is knowledge applied'. Maybe I'm just knowledgeable.

Seeker of The Light said...

Based on your comments- I think you're very wise and appreciate your sharing it with us!

kathryn said...

i appreciate it too!