Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Heather Wright Burr Dolby

It's official- I just adopted heather Dolby as my daughter! Jenn, you now have a big sister! Well, she's been your big sister for 2 years now anyway . . . For those of you wondering what in the world I'm talking about, here's the scoop:

We were dusting Heather off the other day (praying for and blessing her prophetically) and I kept getting the word "adoption." So I immediately thought about the Bangor corps scholarship for War College students (This current year the student who was to receive it was not able to secure a visa, so it went unused. When I spoke with Steve, he suggested we support a Phase 2 student instead and he suggested Heather). I talked with Steve after the prayer time and we agreed that Heather would receive our scholarship. We then told her, she was excited, hugs all around. Cool!

So last night I dropped by Steve & Danielle's and ended up talking with Heather. Not a chat, mind you- a serious couple of hours talk! It was awesome! Somewhere in this conversation, she mentioned Jenn talking about our relationship (Jenn's & mine) and how she really liked what she saw there. AS she was speaking, God kept hitting me with "adoption" again! So I chanced it and asked her if she would be okay with me spiritualy adopting her as my daughter. Her eyes lit up! So we made it official right then.

What does that mean? I have no idea at the moment! Well, I assume some kind of spiritual covering, blessing, etc. However, I believe this is of God, so I believe he will give us insight and we will move forward as we get that insight. I'll keep you all posted here.

So for now- welcome to the Burr family, Heather (you're going to have to lower your humor standards!)! Oh and watch your step, Rob! Take good care of my little girl!

2 comments:

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

heather and i were talking last...uh...some day about how she sort of adopted you as her other pappy...only, i think it was before you adopted her. haha!

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! I miss you Doug and will see you in a few weeks here in OOB!!