Monday, June 06, 2005

It's Almost Scary

I collect quotes. I've got a huge list of them from all over the place; from all kinds of people. Some are funny, some are thought provoking. Here are a few good ones:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Samuel Clemens

"To do is to be. - Socrates
To be is to do. - Sartre
Do be do be do. - Sinatra"


"If you do not wish a thing heard, do not say it." - Klingon Proverb

"Man who says it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it."
- Confucius

And my all-time favorite: "Truth is dangerous: it always challenges someone's cherished falsehoods." - Star Trek

Isn't this a fun hobby? Each one of my collected quotes caught my attention and made me think. But have you ever come across a quote that absolutely froze you in your tracks? I just did:

"It's almost scary how much God will hold you responsible for the salvation of those around you." - Catherine Booth (Agressive Christianity, Credo Press)

What can I say about this one? If it doesn't grab you and shake the dust off, you're in need of something more than a good shaking!

O God! There are people around me that are going to hell! Some are friends, some are even family! What am I doing about it?

What am I doing about it?

No comments: