Friday, June 17, 2005

Yahweh Tsuri

I spoke a bit the other day about sometimes being overwhelmed and swept away by the rush of life. Today in my rations, I read about The Lord my Rock (Yahweh Tsuri) and realized the peace that keeps me from being swept away comes from my Rock.

Imagine being swept down a raging river. You may be a good swimmer, but the current is so strong and rough that you just can’t get control of yourself. Bobbing in and out of the water, crashing into jagged rocks- just plain getting dizzy and not being able to get your bearing, you pray for something to happen to get you stabilized.

Just then, you come to rest against a huge rock and quickly climb up and out to safety. True, the river rages on, but you are now above the madness- able to breath and dry off. As you are recovering, you wonder how you’ll ever get back to your old life. But looking around, you realize this rock is big enough to live on. You’re safe and secure- why would you even want to go back?

Such is the way I feel about living a life of relationship with Jesus Christ. I don’t want to go back. I’m safe in the protection of my Rock- Yahweh Tsuri (tsu-REE).


Yes, Yahweh is my Rock! My strong fortress, my shelter, my provider, my shade and safety. When I come to The Rock, I come to the safest, strongest, most permanent and never-changing being in the universe! What have I to fear? Who can stand against me? Who would dare try with such a one as he standing with me?


Yahweh is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior- from violent men he saves me. I call to Yahweh, who is worthy of praise and I am saved from my enemies. - 2 Samuel 22:2-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I was praying for a close friend and Jesus gave me a picture of a rock in some rough water. I drew it and gave it to her with the whole explaination of Jesus being her stable rock. Good ears Dad!

-jennifer