Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A New Day Dawns

No, you've not typed the wrong URL. Nor is your web browser on the fritz. Yes, I have retooled my blog! {insert sounds of thunderous applause here!}

A new day dawns with a new look for my blog! I've still got a few minor tweaks left, but I hope to get to them once I learn a bit more about these templates and their HTML code. If you go back far enough, you'll still see the old brown font color, but you'll just have to live with it- I'm going to. And if you know me at all, you'll know that's quite the minor miracle! {ahem}

Speaking of minor miracles, I called Alaska Airlines yesterday to see if it was possible to get a "non-transferrable" ticket transferred. You may think that's a rediculous mission, but I prayed about it because I was concerned about Josh Ivany (who we purchased the ticket for) losing over $300us! On the first attempt, I reached a busy signal and fought my irritation off, thinking God is going to let me reach someone who is partial to my plea.

When I finally reached an agent (after a long time on hold and 2 games of Spider Solitair) she quickly informed me that Alaska Airlines had just changed their policy for non-refundable tickets- the purchaser (me, in this case) was the only one who could change the person using the ticket. So now, I can use the ticket for one of our two students heading back to Vancouver in August and refund Josh his money (minus a $50 fee, of course, but that's better than losing the whole amount)! Yea! Mission accomplished!

This may be a minor miracle to some, but my God is in the miracle business. Nothing's too small for him; nothing's beyond his care and concern. If a sparrow falling to the ground catches his attention, surely he cares for my little issues in life. I love to think about it- God cares for me!

And he cares for you too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRAGULATION ON NEW FORMAT MORE UPLIFTING . BY THE WAY THSI IS TUESDAY 6-7-05 DID I MISS IT? DRL

Gideon son of Joash said...

I don't know what URL or HTML is but it sounds like loads of fun. My God is the busines of making miracles too. I got six kills three times playing Halo2. that's like fourteen miracles in a period of twenty minutes.

Its not about the template its about the blog.