Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Just do it

I had my first inner healing session with Tara today- as in, I was the "prayee." It went very well and I now have a lot of stuff to chew on to figure out everything that happened! Overall it was powerful.

What I find most interesting at the moment, is that even though the session was for me, I had my "prayer ministry hat" on and at the beginning, kept trying to think it all through and understand what was happening. That caused me to look at everything more skeptically. That wasn't good, so Tara asked me to visualize my thought process. I immediately saw a large, stubby bolt and nut (I guess representing my nuts and bolts way of looking at things). I finally ended up putting it in a zip-lock baggie and dropping it. From there on out, I was more able to let the time flow without having to work it all out and lead the session.

Sometimes we overthink what God has for us or asks us to do. He tells us to do such and such, but we can't get right to it, because we try too hard to understand what in the world he is doing and how it's going to help our situation. Almost as if once we understand what he's doing, we can then approve his plan and finally accept it! Whoa!

God would much rather we just listen and obey.

In military boot camp, I understand when the instructor yells "jump," you are taught to do it before you even ask how high! That's because you are learning to obey your leader. You're not to ask "why," because it would take too much time to explain and while you're figuring it all out, you die with a bullet in your gut!

Wouldn't it be great if Christians listened that well to our leader, Jesus? Why do we argue with him just because we don't see why he would want us to do something? Don't we trust him enough to forget about why and just do it?

No comments: