Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Exceptionally Blessed

Today someone asked me "So how does it feel to have your daughter engaged?" I guess they were looking for the traditional response: "I'm feeling old!" But while I can hardly believe 20 years have passed since we first laid eyes on Jennifer, feeling old is not something I believe in.

I am totally a believer in "you're as old as you feel" or rather "the power of positive thinking," as found in scripture:
Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. - Philippians 4:8

Why do we spend so much time thinking about what can go wrong? Or how bad off we are? Why not spend more time thinking how great things can go- because we're children of God? And "bad off?" I really don't know too many people who are not exceptionally blessed.

How do I feel now that my daughter's engaged? I feel exceptionally blessed! Especially that she's found such a godly young man to spend her life with. I can hardly wait to officially call Josh my "son," but he's already my friend.

How cool is that?

1 comment:

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

very cool. very very cool.

i hear ya on that one! it kind of goes along with having abd days. i dont have bad days, i refuse to. i may have a few bad minutes, but a day? pfft...even being told i wasnt graduating didnt cause me to have a bad day. just a bad few minutes. so yeah- think good things...especially about getting old.