Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Jesus is my Pistol and He Blows bad Dudes Away

Today I had an Inner Healing session where I discovered yet another false Jesus in my life. During my "vision" I was a young boy in an old house I used to live in. While looking around, I saw that old head and shoulders picture of Jesus (mostly brown hues) looking at me from the wall. He had no expression, but was watching me carefully wherever I went. I sensed his strong disapproval and felt like he wanted to punish me. I really wanted to get away from that glare, so I left the room, only to be followed by him. I ran throughout the house until I found a place behind my bed to get away from him.

I then crawled under the bed and became aware that I was holding a greenish-yellow plastic glow-in-the-dark Jesus (I remember this plastic knick-knack from my youth). It was glowing brightly and kept me safe from that other "Jesus" that was always watching me (sort of like a galactic traffic cop), waiting for me to mess up so he could scold me. Unlike the scary Jesus, the Jesus in my hand empowered me and gave me confidence. Soon I knew what I needed to do, so I crawled out from under the bed and went looking for the dark Jesus.

I found him at the other end of the upstairs hallway- still looking in other rooms for me. The scene then changed to an old Western town street and we were gunfighters facing off in a showdown! He was wearing black and I could hear the low up and down whistle of the gunslinger music. We began to move in "bullet time" (from The Matrix) and he got the first shot off at me. But because we were moving slowly, I could easily step aside and watch the bullet whiz by my head (not even close). I then pulled my glow-in-the-dark Jesus (yeah, he was my gun) out of my holster and took a clean shot which hit him square on. He shattered like a mirror, but the pieces just disintegrated into nothing. The music changed to the victorious Star Wars death star explosion scene with all the tinkling and sparkling that came with it!

With the dark Jesus defeated and gone, I blew the smoke off the barrel of my glow-in-the-dark Jesus, spun him around my finger a bit and reholstered him for my next duel, slick as the little cowboy I was playing from my youth- another false Jesus defeated to wreak havoc on his unsuspecting prey no more! (Regan's gonna love this one!)

Bottom line for me: Jesus is always watching us, but not just so he can reprimand us when we mess up. He's actually there to protect us from those things which would frighten us and misrepresent who he really is.

Here's another analogy to help us get our minds around who Jesus is: Jesus is my Pistol and he blows bad dudes away! Oh and by the way- that's actually me in the picture!

2 comments:

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

hallelujah for grace and mercy- and love. id be screwed w/o it!

Gideon son of Joash said...

you gotta respect th glow in the dark jesus.