Thursday, August 04, 2005

Travis Flies Over the Horizon

Tara and I just got back from taking Travis to the Boston airport. Whew! That's a bit of a trip! It's always hard when you have to leave someone there- especially someone who you might not ever see again (this side of heaven)! What a terrible thought!

I actually got Travis to talk on the way. Sometimes, it's a bit like pulling teeth! You'll be happy to know, Steve, that we did highs and lows (as I did with Aurora before she left)! If you all want to know what Travis said, you'll have to read his blog (Made for War). So get writing, Travis!

This summer we discovered that the best thing about Travis is his buoyant spirit. No matter what happens, he can see the silver lining a mile away! I sure wish we had more people like that around more often! We also discovered that Travis loves to hang out with people! He creates a safe amosphere for people to be themselves. I think we all could use more of that in our lives too.

Travis we were glad to have you with us this summer. Please come back again. Soon! Plenty of people are missing you already!

- - - - -
PS: Thanx for the company Tara. I always love our conversations!

1 comment:

Gideon son of Joash said...

It has never been like pulling teeth to get me to talk. I'm just not the best at initiating converstions. I can talk your ear off if I felt the need to.