Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Silver Bullet for Fear

"The Silver Bullet for fear is confronting the lies that drive it. We confront and demolish those lies with the Living Truth."
- Brad Jersak

Brad Jersak is at it again. He's written another powerful Must Read book, "Fear No Evil" (click the picture link to the right to order it from his website).

I could write a blog longer than yesterday's if I didn't try real hard to keep it short (and we mustn't do that to Jaime and Travis again)! But here's some good stuff from his book that I watched play out in person yesterday, so I know it to be truth:

Every Truth The Enemy wants to hide from you, he covers with Lies. Those Lies develop a Fear in us that keeps us from having a basic Need met in our lives. It looks like this:
(NEED) - - -> (FEAR) - - -> (LIE) - - -> (TRUTH)

When we discover a Fear in our lives, we can be sure there are Lies behind it. When we work our way to the bottom of all the Lies, we find the Truth of God that has been hidden. When Jesus reveals that Truth to our hearts, it BREAKS the power of the Lies, DISPERSES the Fear, FULFILLS our basic Need and gives us the means (the Truth) to defeat it- IF it ever shows up in our lives again!

"My testimony is that fear was my master, but God has broken its back and has it firmly in hand" - Brad Jersak. That's also my own testimony.

That's God's plan for your life as well. Whatever Fear you may have, God wants to reveal his Truth to set you free, because Jesus told us "the Truth will set you free!"

So what are you afraid of?

- - - - -
PS: Today is my 250th blog entry. {insert sounds of cheering here} My how time flies!

3 comments:

Gideon son of Joash said...

I thought that bookcame out several months ago?? Is that one of the reading assignments for next year TWC interns??

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

i started writing a book about lies- and perversions- of the enemy. like- things we dont think of. i cant think of any off the top of my head- ha! im funny...but, anyway, i havent finished the book. but i started it. w00t. my point? i dunno...

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

thats a lot of blobs!