Wednesday, August 16, 2006

2 New Resources

You may have noticed I've added a couple of new resources to the right. The first will be fun as we see where people who read this blog come from. Tip of the hat to Larry for that one.

The second one (found on Andrew's site) is definitely NOT fun. In fact, I almost didn't put it there because while it intrigued me at first, it soon began to annoy me. I'm not much for distractions while I'm trying to do something like read a blog, so that little counting number thing irritated me. After a time I noticed it was counting faster than a second per number and I thought: "Hmm, someone got the timer wrong." Soon thereafter, it dawned on me:

It's NOT counting seconds, it's counting how many people are dying!

Ouch! More than 1 per second. You know, we don't think about that stuff often enough (if at all). Each number racing past represents a person Jesus created and died for. Each one represents another spirit leaving this physical 3D plane and moving on to higher (or lower) spiritual dimensions. Each one is known intimately by their creator. And each one is either celebrated or mourned as they make that move.

Now I'm saddened too. For almost all of these people, I can't make a bit of a difference. I never knew them; never came in contact with them; never had a chance to tell them about Jesus and their eternal spirits.

But there are some that I do know. They don't pass without my knowledge, but as each one leaves this realm, I must ask myself what I have done to either let them in on "the secret," or help them know Jesus better.

It's a personal question; directed at me. I require an answer from myself. But as I come to account for my actions or lack thereof, you too must ask a similar question of yourself. It's a personal question; directed at you.

BLESSING:
May you ask the right question of yourself and may it change the way you look at the people around you. May you be a huge influence on their lives by helping them know of their eternal spirits and the eternal lover of those spirits.

And may more of those speedily counting numbers to the right be a reason for celebration than mourning.

4 comments:

Hezza said...

I love you Dad, you've got such a soft heart...
HBD

kathryn said...

that counter. . i can barely stand to look at it. . It seems surreal and unreal. can this be real?

Captain Andrew Clark said...

The counter is worked out from solid statistics that round 250,000 people die every day. Its very real.

Captain Andrew Clark said...

of course, I mean 150,000