Monday, August 21, 2006

The Way it Should Work

I have been frustrated for years in finding the right people for special ministry in Bangor. We've got some long time faithful people ensconced in ministry here, but finding new people to add just the right "missing pieces" has been tough.

I was very pleased when Aurora Atell heard a call to come to Bangor for specialized ministry! She was the first, as it were, to join our team from "afar" and her input has been wonderful. In fact, she has added so much in many more ways than I originally imagined.

But she can't do it all (neither can those who are already playing their part here). There's much more to accomplish for The Kingdom.

So I have been frustrated again recently in trying to find someone to help with our pre-teen ministry (which I blogged about the other day). All of our leads have come to naught and I was feeling badly that we were back in the middle of a great plan with no one (the RIGHT someone) to put it into action. {Boo hoo, woe is me!}

Today I got an email from a young lady who is moving to Bangor and wants to get involved in ministering to pre-teens (no names yet, but she read my blog). She
has held a position as a youth pastor and has experience in and passion for listening prayer- with pre-teens! Sounds like God has something in mind, I'd say!

{HUGE sigh of relief here!}

And shouldn't that be the way it works? God gave me the assignment to get a pre-teen ministry going, so why would he do that and not send me the right person to make it happen? I don't know if this person will be the right one, but I do believe they will at least play a part. Maybe even in forming the ministry's shape. I'm psyched!

And therefore at ease to go on a week vacation to London, Ontario to visit Jenn & Josh! We leave tomorrow bright and early.

BLESSING:
May you have the grace to trust God even when it doesn't look like he's working on your situation. May you know without a doubt he doesn't give assignments without giving the resources to make them happen. And may you know the difference between your "bright" ideas and God's, because he isn't obligated to make your plans happen, but he does obligate himself to make his own plans come to completion.

1 comment:

sixonefour said...

What a blessing, from Psalm 68, that God has a heart to place us in a family. That even if we move to a new place he prepares a table even before we get there.

Thank-you Jesus