Sunday, August 06, 2006

SonDay's are Awesome in Bangor!

Today was another awesome SonDay in Bangor! I must admit, it took me awhile to sincerely believe this truth (a lot of growth has been going on over the last few years), but once it finally hit me, I have become always grateful for every chance to worship with this local family of believers.

Many of our number were still at OOB for the camp meetings, but we still had a good attendance. People were open to worship and the gist of the service (being faithful).
Heather Dolby and Acacia Wulfing were visiting and participated with testimony and song. It was so good to have them with us! What they both offered was right on target with the intended theme without my previously filling them in (I LOVE it when Holy Spirit does that!). The theme of faithfulness was woven nicely throughout the service.

Afterwards, someone said how that message had been helpful for them. My response was that I usually preach for myself and let God apply it to others as he sees fit. That way I am more passionate about what I am saying. I have also found that if I preach "at" any specific person in the congregation, it ends up backfiring anyway! Besides, it's not my job to convict people, Holy Spirit does that quite nicely on his own, if we let him work!

I love SonDay's in Bangor at The Salvation Army! What happens at your place of worship? Are you filled with a sense of God's presence? Does God "show up" regularly? What kind of family has developed?

Fill me in. I'd like to know. Oh, and if you're every in Bangor on a SonDay- join us and be blessed!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

I would love to worship God with you all there! I'll have to be there in spirit, cuz i can't see myself being there any time soon!