Saturday, August 05, 2006

How Efficient are We?

I found a great quote the other day from Peter Drucker:
"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all."
Sometimes I wonder. While I love this Army dearly, we are often very good at doing things that just shouldn't be done in the first place . . . I was just about to list a couple and then got a brilliant idea. Why not ask you, the reader, to help me form this list?

Yeah, good idea! So here are the ground rules:

1) Funny is good, but it's got to be truth. No fabrications!
2) Naming a specific person is NOT good (nor should it be obvious even though not mentioned).
3) Soap boxes are allowed, as long as you don't get mean spirited.
4) All answers should be efficiently written (ha!).

Let's see what we can come up with. Ready? Set. Go!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

i don't feel qualified to say anything - but i used to love the Army and i guess in a way i still do. . i'm just so disappointed with it. In my experience the 'traditionalists' are intolerant of those are who don't uphold their reverence of tradition and the new radicals are caught up in their own culture within a culture. . and some soldiers (or lapsed soldiers like me) are in no man's land in between.