Thursday, August 17, 2006

2 Specific Things to Concentrate on in Bangor This Year

There are 2 specific things God has told us to concentrate on this year in Bangor. And it's my plan to accommodate him! Since hearing his leading, I've been working on ways to make some changes.

God's Instruction: Concentrate on training your Intercessors.

Our Plan: I purchased a special book about the relationship between Leaders and their Intercessors, "Intercessors and Pastors: The Emerging Partnership of Watchmen and Gatekeepers" by Eddie and Alice Smith (Spirit Truth Publishing). I am reading it now (there's LOTS of awesome insight in there, so far!) to prepare myself for the next step:

I purchased 6 books for 6 of our Intercessors (I already have them singled out), "The Beginner's Guide to Intercession" by Dutch Sheets (Gospel Light Publishing). My plan is to work through the book together in a small group setting.

As you know (if you've been reading my blog for any time at all),
my mission is to equip and empower His people for their ministries (see "About Me" upper right). Therefore this is right up my alley, so to speak! Intercession is one of our corps' spiritual gifts as well, so this training is vital to our reaching our purpose as a part of the Body here in Bangor.

I expect this to be an awesome time of fellowship, training and learning how to further release our corps' purpose of intercession. Watch this space to hear of our progress.


God's Instruction: Concentrate on spiritually developing your Pre-Teens.

Our Plan: I'm actively looking to find a young woman (there's reason for it to be a woman) to take a part time job focusing specifically on developing our Pre-Teens. Her task would be to work closely with them, teach their SonDay School class in which they would develop their spiritual ears (hearing God speak to them), praying and getting them involved in our worship services.

I'm hoping to get involved a bit myself. I'm not sure yet what that's going to look like, but I am working on it. We'll see.

We have such a powerful young force available, but we have not been faithful in developing them to their potential. God wants us to change that.

BLESSING:
May you hear God's voice and know it's him when he speaks to you. May you not only understand what he wants you to do, may you joyfully jump straight into his purpose for you and concentrate on the specifics that will make it happen, to the glory of God our Father through Jesus Christ by the power of his Holy Spirit.

No comments: