Sunday, August 13, 2006

SonDay Musings

In case you missed our service in Bangor today, you can go below and read my message (Saturday's blog)! Of course, in person I threw in a couple of good jokes (I said "good jokes" Tara- people actually laughed!), but you'll get the gist.

This message was one of those that you just knew God was going to bless, because I had an awesome sense about it even as I was writing it. Holy Spirit within was witnessing to my spirit (TSA doctrine #8) and I could hardly wait to speak it out to God's people. True to his word to me, God led seekers to our altar and we had a powerful time of prayer.

At one point during prayer, I looked over and saw "Walmart" (written on the crutch padding of one of our seekers) laying on the floor under the altar. Seeing Walmart prostrate at the foot of the penitent form hit me as a profound thing- kind of like the statuette of Santa kneeling at the creche of baby Jesus. Very enlightening: one day EVERY knee will bow . . .

It's good to bow at Jesus feet. I often spend my SonDay mornings on my face in prayer in our chapel. God has been faithful to my years long commitment and we regularly see God move in our midst these days. Good thing. I'm not sure I could survive without his presence. I certainly wouldn't want to; like when God told Moses to lead the people on, but God wouldn't go with them. Moses said: "If you don't go with us, why would we go?"

I wouldn't want to be in ministry without God's presence. I can't imagine doing all God has called me to do without his being right there with me in a physical way; his manifestation. I know there are people (soldiers, ministers, pastors, officers, etc) who don't know what God's manifest presence is (or at least experience it rarely)- it was around 12 years into my officership that I learned what that was and started experiencing it regularly! How sad.

Living in God's presence only comes with spending lots of time in prayer in God's presence. That's one of the reasons I'm thrilled to see the latest prayer movement growing strong. This next generation is spending time in God's presence praying and they will learn to walk in that presence. God will be able to work powerfully through them and they will know what it is to see the miraculous as a common thing. Incredible!

We're seriously talking about designing and building a newly partitioned room in our corps as a dedicated prayer room. It will probably take some time to get it up to 24/7 prayer speed, but we're already on our way. That will help us accomplish our corps mission of intercessory prayer for our community.

It's coming and I can hardly wait!

BLESSING:
May you learn to kneel in God's presence regularly. When you do, may he lay his hand on your back and fill you with his presence and power. M
ay you not be able to live without him.

1 comment:

Denise said...

PTL! This is great to hear...

"Good Jokes" HA!